A few weeks ago I had an idea for a big chunky plaitted headband and matching looped cowl. While I was out I purchased 3 balls of 100grm chunky that would look good worked together.
A few nights ago I tried knitting my idea, mmmmm, no matter what I did I couldn’t get the look I was really wanting. I have up in the end. BY the next morning I had had an idea, more plying with samples to see if I could get the look I wanted and to see how many stitches I would need.
I thought of a mock cable idea, some knitters haven’t got much confidence with cabling, and some don’t have the patience with cabling.
I wanted the headband to be a wide headband and the cowl long so it can be looped twice round the neck.
It is that quick and easy to knit I designed, wrote and knitted the girls set in the same day.